Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Show Me Your Creative Side


Creativity Lab: Dollar Tree Experience

This was probably one of my favorite labs, because we didn't have to plan for it. We just showed up to class and our instructor told us we were going to to the Dollar Tree!! We were all a little confused at first, but then she explained that this was a chance for us to get materials for lessons we are teaching in the spring. By going there we could come up with fun and creative ideas to add to lesson plans. So at first we were told to look for five minutes by ourselves and to walk around before we started helping each other out. At first I was overwhelmed because my creativity skill takes me time to really think of what I am going to do. As I was walking through the aisles I remembered this digestion interest approach that my one classmate did. It was so interesting to me as a person, so I began to think that my students would like it too. I decided to get some plastic bags and panty hose. This is just some of the items I need for the unit, but it is better than not having anything at all. The next item that my other classmate pointed out was some plastic insects. Since I will be teaching an entomology unit and I believed it would be a good idea. I believe I am going to have my students to try and have the students identify them. In the best way they can at least.
One of my favorite parts was how we were able to help each other by finding them materials to use in their units.Another part is that  you would get more ideas as you walked down each aisle of the store. I know that when I have  a program I will definitely be utilizing this method. It  really does help spark you creativity and makes you think of what you can do with your students that would make it fun for the students and you as the instructor. I am so thankful that we were able to participate in this lab and one of the best benefits the center paid! ha! No it was a great lab which I believe they should continue to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment