Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Final 412 Lab Reflection


412 Lab Overview

It is so hard to believe that just fifteen weeks ago we were beginning this class and wondering what it had in store for us. I remember when we were picking out demonstration lessons from an envelope and I got to teach "How to Make A Origami Butterfly". I remember when I picked this lesson I was like how the heck am I going to teach this to my peers. Well Thank God for YouTube because I could not understand how to do make one by the instructions in the packet. This was the first lesson I taught and gosh was I nervous. The lesson was good though and I got some good feedback from my peers. 
Each week we had a new challenge to face, and how we were going to use it in our student teaching experience. I truly believe that each challenge was something we will be using in our futures. You could see each and every one of us develop as a teacher. Some labs I really enjoyed were Inquiry, Problem-Based, and Interest Approach lab. I enjoyed this labs because I feel like they were the ones that either I really enjoyed or seen personal development in. Especially in the inquiry lab. I used a lesson that was used in the NAPTP workshop I attended at National Convention this past year. I switched the scenario up. Even though the lesson did not go as planned my point got across and I was able to get feedback on how to improve my teachings and the lesson myself. Another Lab I liked was Problem-Based learning. I was very interested in this lab because it made you think and really get caught up in the information that was being taught. I did a lesson on a poultry farmer who needed help because his chickens were breaking open the eggs and losing weight. I really liked how I have the students direct the way the unit would be taught. They did this by figuring out what we needed to know in order to solve the scenario at hand. I cannot wait to be able to teach this lesson at my school. 
Lastly I believe that every lab we had benefited us as teachers because it laid out a foundation of what we need to know in order for students to learn. I am very please with this class and the instructor. One part I really liked was how we were recorded so we could go back and reflect because we all know reflection is key! I know that I will be utilizing what I learned from this class in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment