Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Life-Knowledge Lesson

Be a Leader!

I taught my life knowledge lesson at Bermudian Spring High School. It was such pleasure to go and interact with the students that I will be teaching with during the spring semester. Mrs. Jarema wanted to me to teach leadership skills to her fifth period Ag Mechanics class, which only has five students. One student happened to be absent and I was left with only four students one girl and three boys.
At first I was a little nervous because all I could keep thinking was these are the kids I will be teaching in the spring and I need to make a good impression. I did NOT want my kids to be like "oh gosh this is our student teacher?!". I was very blessed to say that it was just the opposite, my kids were great and I am super excited to see them in the spring semester. They really wanted to get to know me as a teacher too. I feel that by doing this lesson at my cooperating school I was able to gain insight on my students and really get a feel of what it is like to be a teacher.
I do not know what makes a different but in lab I get choked up on what I am going to say and really second guess myself, but when I am in front of kids I feel that is when I see myself as a future educator. I cannot wait for my internship to begin, I am so nervous but excited at the same time.
I also really enjoyed the lesson I taught because it really seemed to give students responsibility of themselves. Be A Leader is a lesson that I would recommend to any teacher. It gets the students up and moving. Also with just having four students I felt that I got better participation and alertness. Some students were really participating that do not in other classes. When Mrs. Jarema told me that I was so happy and proud of myself. To me that is one step closer in my dream of becoming an Agricultural Educator.
Overall, I believe that this benefited me as a future teacher because I got to know my students and get a feel of what it was going to be like when I finally begin my student teaching experience. My students were really good and they enjoyed the lesson that I taught and had fun.I just hope they know that, that was just a snip it of what they will be getting in the spring! There is more fun learning to be had!

No comments:

Post a Comment